Monday, October 13, 2008

Cars, trucks, and vans

Seems like we are having one of those waves of car issues. A couple of weeks ago we had to have a new starter put on the van. Today the pick up quit on Glen and Rose. Seems that the battery cable that goes to the starter was in contact with the manifold and the insulation burned off and the wire grounded out to the manifold. The truck stopped. Fortunatley it was just down on Concord and there was plenty of room to get the truck off onto the shoulder of the road. We towed it home this evening and got the old wiring off but now we need to get a new battery cable. I wish I had some time to work on it but I am kind of booked up for the next couple of days unless I can sneak away from work for a while tomorrow or Thursday. We'll have to see how that goes.

Well, I guess if you think about it, the old truck doesn't owe us much. We bought it on New Years Day of 1998. So it has been around for a while. We have had to do a few things over the years but so far nothing really major. Of course the boy's might disagree since it seems to quit when they are driving it.

1 comment:

Sheila C. said...

Don't you just love trying to keep all the cars-trucks-vans running? Our truck started to make some strange noises today on the way home from the hunting trip